01 Nature Walks and Day Trips....Places To See...: Great Smoky Mountains National Park Tennessee Summer 2016

Pages

10/3/16

Great Smoky Mountains National Park Tennessee Summer 2016


May 2016, we spent our vacation exploring the Great Smoky Mountains in Tn. near Gatlinburg.....




We went on the Roaring Fork Nature Trail, this is a driving trail with places to park and site see, and nature trails to hike, we saw a bear from the car on this road.....












We visited Mingus Mill on our way to Cherokee, NC













The rocky creeks are breathtaking inside the National Park.....


and so are the mountains...






















































































We hiked to Grotto Falls....

















Here's Grotto Falls....




It was quite the hike for us Florida flatlanders, but it was amazing and we'll never forget it.....



I'm so thankful to get to see this beautiful place again....I don't think I could ever get tired of it!  I always say that I left a piece of my heart in those Smoky Mountains!

Thanks for coming along with us today!

No comments: